Senior Software Engineer
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
At Seven10, you’ll use the latest technologies and play an active role in designing and developing both new and existing products. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will show leadership in all aspects of Seven10’s software development processes and work with our Chief Architect and team of full stack developers to deliver a scalable experience to our end users. You will contribute immediately to both mature and new products and have a significant impact on our future road map.
What you need:
· Demonstrated accomplishments and work experience from a growth company.
· Senior individual contributor or architect level considered the top within their organization.
· Experience communicating highly technical concepts to an audience with varying levels of technology skills both internal and external to the Company.
· Experience leading and mentoring team members for shared success.
Commercial Software Development
· Experience in an Agile/Iterative/Scrum development environment
· Extensive experience with scale up and scale out architectures.
· Hands on experience architecting and developing REST APIs.
· Understanding of design implications and tradeoffs with fault tolerance, reliability and resiliency.
· Ability to quickly get up to speed and leverage expertise with our technology stack (Java 8, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, full stack listed below.)
· Experience with build, deployment and configuration management systems for heterogeneous, multi-platform software.
· Can move fluidly between Linux and Windows environments.
What you will do:
Design and Develop
· Will work with our Chief Architect to design and build new platform capabilities that allow us to meet the needs of our customers.
· Analyze customer needs and scope out the technical and functional requirements to develop the software architecture to meet those needs.
· Specify the technical solutions in clear and concisely written documentation.
· Present strategy, results and technical updates to team members.
· Investigate and recommend new technologies and Open Source software, processes and techniques to enhance the Company's software applications.
· Lead team members by ensuring engineers understand the strategy and vision of all solutions.
· Collaborate with the team to define product performance metrics.
· Facilitate technical discussions with the team and ensure that decisions are made in a timely manner and documented.
· Mentor and assist other team members in both technology and technique.
· Maintain a high level of product and technology knowledge to serve as the "subject matter expert" on the Company's software.
· Represent the Company to clients and external partners as a technical expert for the engineering team.
· Act as a technical resource to assist in customer escalations.
Nice to have experience:
· Working experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS (S3, EC2) or Azure.
· Experience with CIFS, NFS, ISCSI, SCSI, NAS and FC direct attached storage technologies.
· Experience with VMware and other virtualization technologies.
· Experienced with container technology like Docker.
· Experience with data analytics platforms.
· Data storage systems from any vendor such as DellEMC, HPE, etc.
Our front-end technology stack:
· AngularJS, Webpack, TypeScript, Karma, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3
· ReactJS, Vue.js
Our back-end technology stack:
- Java 8
- MongoDB / Morphia
Other technology exposure:
- AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3)
- Jenkins / Nexus
- Eclipse / WebStorm
- Git / GitHub / Maven
- Docker / VMware vSphere
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
What’s in it for you!?...TEAM FIRST atmosphere. Bonuses based on your success and the company success. Health benefits package is 100% company paid. Grow with the company!
Please send your resume to: