Principal or Distinguished Software Engineer
PRINCIPAL OR DISTINGUISHED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
At Seven10, you’ll use the latest technologies and play an active role in designing and developing both new and existing products. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will show leadership in all aspects of Seven10’s software development process and work with our Chief Architect and team of full stack developers to deliver a scalable experience to our end users. You will contribute immediately to both mature and new products and have a significant impact on our future road map.
What you need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Demonstrated accomplishments and work experience from a growth company.
- Senior individual contributor or architect level considered the top within their organization.
- Experience communicating highly technical concepts to an audience of varying levels of skills both internal and external to the Company.
- Experience leading and mentoring team members for shared success.
COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- 8+ years commercial software development experience and be skilled in architecting and developing complex multi-tier and multi-threaded solutions.
- 5+ years of professional Java n-tier application development experience.
- 3+ years in an Agile/Iterative/Scrum development environment.
- Extensive experience with scale up and scale out architectures.
- Hands on experience architecting and developing REST APIs.
- Understanding of design implications and tradeoffs with fault tolerance, reliability and resiliency.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed and leverage expertise for the technologies in our stack (Java 8, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, full stack listed below.)
- Experience with build, deployment and configuration management systems for heterogeneous, multi-platform software.
- Expert-level skills with software development tools (CM, bug tracking, source control etc.) and development process.
- Can move fluidly between Linux and Windows environments.
What you will do:
DESIGN & DEVELOP
- Will work with our Chief Architect to design and build new platform capabilities that allow us to meet the needs of our customers.
- Analyze customer needs and scope out the technical and functional requirements to develop the software architecture to meet those needs.
- Specify the technical solutions in clear and concisely written documentation. • Present strategy, results and technical updates to team members.
- Investigate and recommend new technologies and Open Source software, processes and techniques to enhance the Company's software applications. Assist with implementing these new technologies.
- Lead team members by ensuring engineers understand the strategy and vision of all solutions.
- Collaborate with the team to define product performance metrics.
- Facilitate technical discussions with the team and ensure that decisions are made in a timely manner and documented.
- Mentor and assist other team members in both technology and technique.
- Maintain a high level of product and technology knowledge to serve as the "subject matter expert" on the Company's software.
- Represent the Company to clients and external partners as a technical expert for the engineering team.
- Act as a technical resource to assist in customer escalations.
NICE TO HAVE EXPERIENCE
- Working experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS (S3, EC2) or Azure (BlobStorage, Compute).
- Experience with CIFS, NFS, ISCSI, SCSI, NAS and FC direct attached storage technologies.
- Experience with VMware and other virtualization technologies.
- Experienced with container technology like Docker.
- Experience with data analytics platforms.
- Data storage systems from any vendor such as DellEMC, HPE, etc.
Our front-end technology stack currently includes:
- HTML5 / CSS (SAAA & LESS)
- Testing Frameworks (Karma and Protractor)
- Single page application routing and state design
Our back-end technology stack currently includes:
- Java 8
- Mongo DB/ Morphia
Other Technology Exposure
- Jira/ Confluence
- AWS Infrastructure (EC2, S3)
- Jenkins / Nexus
- Eclipse / WebStorm
- Git / GitHub / Maven
- Docker / VMware vSphere
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
What’s in it for you!?...TEAM FIRST atmosphere. Bonuses based on your success and the company success. Health benefits package is 100% company paid. Grow with the company!
Please send your resume to: