Principal Product Designer/UX lead
Seven10 has established itself as one of the most trusted names in the storage industry. In order to thrive and grow, we need to increase our diverse team of talented employees. Seven10 is committed to creating the best working environment for all our employees because we focus on loyalty, passion and the drive to succeed. We are looking for an ambitious Principal Software Engineer with a passion to contribute to the next generation of storage software products.
At Seven10, you’ll use the latest technologies and play an active role in designing and developing both new and existing products. As a Principal Product Designer and UX Lead, you will show leadership in the consumer facing aspects of Seven10’s software product Storfirst, working with a of full stack developers to deliver a scalable product experience to our end users. You will contribute immediately to the maturing product, doing market research, customer interactions and adding new features as a result.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a designer and engineer who:
- has at least 5 years of commercial software development.
- has lead initial customer journey research and testing.
- has expanded upon existing insights by creating journey maps, customer personas, interaction and architecture flows, etc.
- has used Agile, design-first-thinking, lean UX, and industrial design methodologies to help re-imagine human-centered user experiences.
- has facilitated design thinking workshops and acted as a liaison between the business and development to ensure common language to benefit the customer.
- can rapidly refine designs, considering live customer data, market research, and usability studies.
- can create rough conceptual sketches to convey ideas and prototypes for concept testing to validate hypotheses before solutions are built.
- understands how to make and communicate design tradeoffs.
- has directly worked with any components in our technology task (see below.)
You are a team member who:
- can lead team members for shared success.
- is self-motivated, introspective and driven.
- will challenge individuals both above and below you.
- will represent Seven10 to clients and external partners as a visual expert for the engineering team.
- can act as a technical resource to assist in customer escalations.
You will stand out if you have:
- worked with Cloud or Virtualization Platforms such as AWS EC2, Google Cloud Compute, Azure or VMware vSphere.
- dealt with file, block and object storage concepts such as NAS (SMB/NFS), OBJECT (S3, Azure, Openstack) or BLOCK (FC, SCSI, iSCSI, SAS, etc.)
Our modern stack currently includes:
- Java 8, C/C++
- AngularJS, ReactJS, Webpack, TypeScript, Karma, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3
- AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3)
- Jenkins / Nexus
- Eclipse / WebStorm / MS Code
- Git / GitHub / Maven
- Docker / VMware
- Linux / Windows
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
What’s in it for you!?...TEAM FIRST atmosphere. Bonuses based on your success and the company success. Health benefits package is 100% company paid. Grow with the company!
Please send your resume to: